If you’ve got Facebook on your Android phone, you probably would have noticed the notification to update the app on your phone today. Well, for those of you who haven’t yet – there’s a new version available now and it brings a bunch of new features to make your Facebook experience on Android better. The app now supports the use of your front facing camera, a new messaging feature that lets you switch between conversations, include friends of friends, share bigger photos and see who’s available, various bug fixes, security improvement and faster app login and navigation.
Unfortunately for those of you on Android 2.1 or earlier – this new update won’t be for you. Facebook has decided to make the app for Froyo (Android 2.2) and later. For those of you who are eligible for the update, head over to the Google Play Store to grab it now.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-12-02: Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- 2012-11-26: Facebook reportedly pushing their developers towards Android
- 2012-08-24: Facebook reportedly "forcing" employees to use Android phones in order to improve the Android Facebook app
- 2012-04-06: Security flaw discovered in Facebook app for iOS and Android
- 2011-12-07: Facebook Android app update officially launched