Google is rolling out a string of updates today, particularly for its Nexus Q, YouTube app, and Play Movies & TV apps. So what’s exactly new with the Nexus Q app? Version 22.214.171.1246084 now supports earlier system versions of Android as well as improvements to the social mix (guest mode) feature. The YouTube app, on the other hand, is now updated to support Nexus Q on Android 4.0 and above devices, as well earlier versions of Android.
This means that you can now turn your good old smartphone into a remote control to play your favorite YouTube videos on other devices. And as for the Google Play Movies & TV app, apart from a few bug fixes, the newly updated version has been tweaked to allow faster downloads. Google is also addressing a reported playback failure on some LG devices with the update. The updates aren’t that huge, but these baby steps will eventually turn into giant leaps in the long run – hopefully.
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Google Trends Gets Email Subscriptions
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-08: YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-03-03: Pakistan Could End YouTube Ban
- 2014-02-14: YouTube Promotes Top Tracks In Music Search
- 2014-02-10: New YouTube Web UI Tested
- 2014-02-06: Google Search Update Puts YouTube Videos Front And Center