Earlier this month, Microsoft made the news when it announced that it was acquiring Perceptive Pixel, a company that specialized in research, development and production of multi-touch interfaces. Well, as of today, Perceptive Pixel is now part of Microsoft’s Office Division. According to a post on the official Microsoft blog, all the closing conditions for the acquisition have been met and the deal has been completed. No word on how much it cost the company, but Perceptive Pixel’s “expertise in hardware, software and though leadership will contribute to success in broad scenarios such as collaboration, meetings and presentations.” I guess we’ll have to wait and see what the two companies can come up with in the future.
Next Story: Barnes & Noble NOOK gets ForeverMap 2
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-22 Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22 Second Windows 8.1 Major Update To Arrive In August (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21 Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices