Microsoft previously announced that Windows 8 will hit retail outlets on October 26th but people were wondering about when they could get their hands on the Microsoft Surface as well. Today, Microsoft has answered the question. According to an announcement from the company, we’ll be seeing the tablet go on sale on October 26th as well – the same day as Windows 8′s release date. However, this will be the Windows RT (ARM-powered) version and not the Intel-powered Surface Pro that will only arrive about three months later. I guess having one of the tablets is better than nothing.
As for pricing, it will be announced closer to availability – but it is expected to be competitive with a comparable ARM tablet or Intel Ultrabook-class PC. Still no definite numbers, but let’s hope we don’t have to break the bank when the tablets do go on sale. Anybody saving up for a Surface tablet this year?
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2013-10-01: Microsoft Surface Boss Promises Multiple Sizes And Aspect Ratios
- 2013-09-23: Hands-On: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review
- 2013-06-04: Microsoft Surface RT Tablet Spotted In Ghost In The Shell Anime
- 2013-05-02: Smaller Microsoft Surface Expected To Be Announced In June [Rumor]
- 2013-02-21: Microsoft Considered 'Cool' Again By Young Adults