Our society seems to be making that shift to the world of robots more and more, but robots are still very much underdeveloped compared to us humans. How do you tell a robot to hold an egg with its fingers with a different amount of pressure compared to say, a dumb-bell of the same circumference? Well, even running and walking up stairs prove difficult – but not impossible for robots, as the Nao humanoid robot is showcased in the video above, climbing up a spiral staircase.
Good thing the video has been speeded up in some parts, otherwise this would have been pretty much yawn inducing. The thing is, at least the Nao robot can not climb up stairs – but will it be able to bring you breakfast in bed down the road sometime? Only the future will tell, so for the moment, we will just have to sit down and wait patiently for future robot developments.
Next Story: Solar Impulse plane arrives back home
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland
- 2011-05-16: NAO robot avoids obstacles autonomously
- 2011-03-22: Aldebaran robotics wants Nao to be more helpful in disastrous situations
- 2011-03-07: Nao robot offers Kinect control
- 2011-01-19: Ethical robots coming your way
- 2010-12-22: Nao robot receives a much sexier body