In today’s smartphone world, most of us can’t go beyond a full day without having to charge our devices at least once. This makes our chargers one of the most important accessories to have. Well, what if you have multiple devices that don’t share the same charging cable? You usually end up with a whole mess of chargers sticking out from ports all over your office/house. Well, POP aka POrtable Power aims to change that.
It is a rechargeable portable battery with retractable cord reels for simultaneously charging multiple devices. In addition to being able to charge many devices at the same time, POP is portable – which means you’ll be able to bring it with you wherever you go. Be it around the house or outdoors by your garden – you’re no longer restricted to sitting next to a power outlet just to wait for your phones/tablets to charge.
The POP packs a huge 25,000mAh battery that is touted to be able to fully charge up to 10 iPhones. It also comes with a 100/240 V AC adapter that you’ll use to keep it juiced from time to time. The POP itself looks pretty elegant, like a flask (that isn’t used to store water). LED lights let you know how much power it has left, and all the charging cables can be neatly stored inside the charger itself.
Unfortunately, POP is still a Kickstarter project and barely crossed the 50% mark of its target goal. However, it has 43 days to go and at least 81 backers who pre-ordered it at regular price ($149). If you’re interested in picking up on, be sure to head over to the POP Kickstarter page and pledge your money there.
Next Story: Google ordered to censor search terms in France
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-07: StoreDot Intends To Charge Your Handset In Half A Minute
- 2014-03-31: Knock-Off iPhone Charger Explodes, Victim Ends Up With Electrical Burns
- 2014-02-24: Vibrations From Car Harvested To Charge Devices
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-08-28: iPad Charger Explodes, Sends Man Flying ‘Across The Room’