iphone-electrocute-bathI am quite sure that we are all full well aware of the dangers of using third party accessories for our tablets and smartphones – and most of the time, it would be chargers that are the culprit here when it comes to bursting into flames. Well, the dangers of third party chargers have been documented before, and this time around, we have yet another possible victim that has fallen foul of such a third party charger. 24 year old Evgenia Sviridenko was allegedly electrocuted to death when she dropped her iPhone into the bathtub as it was still charging.

It is said that in normal circumstances, the charger’s output would not have caused too much of an issue, and neither does it pose a danger, as it would cut out, but as to why none of those happened, resulting in a grisly death, remains to be see. It was said that Sviridenko herself was checking out her profile on social media when the iPhone slipped out of her hands and fell into the bathtub – and it was her roommate who discovered her body in such a state.

Other than not using a third party charger to juice up your handsets, how about this – leave electronics out of the bathroom as much as possible so that you do not fall victim to electrocution?

Filed in Apple >Cellphones. Read more about and . Source: news.au

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading