Looks like Windows Phone is about to do the Tango tango – pardon me, I just could not resist that dig, with the Samsung Omnia W. Makes perfect sense for this to happen, especially when you consider what is practically a dinosaur in the world of consumer electronics (the 2-year old), the Dell Venue Pro, has already been reported to receive its fair share of Windows Phone Tango goodness. At least the Samsung Omnia W, being the far more popular Windows Phone handset between the two, will also be getting its circuit boards flashed with the Tango update.
This has happened to a few users in India, who claimed that their Omnia W has already been Tango-ed. Needless to say, the Tango update will need to be downloaded beforehand through the connection of your handset to a desktop machine. Just what does the Tango update bring to the table? We are looking at the ability to include media files in MMS, export and import contacts to and from the phone, as well as additional performance improvements. It is rather unfortunate that the Internet sharing feature which was promised to Nokia Lumia phones cannot be found with the Omnia W’s version of the update.
Next Story: Symbian Belle Feature Pack 2 leaked
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-07: Samsung SM-W350F Could Be Another Windows Phone 8.1 Smartphone
- 2014-04-04: Samsung ATIV Core Mid-Ranged Windows Phone In The Works [Rumor]
- 2014-03-31: Samsung ATIV SE Release Slated For April Without Windows Phone 8.1 [Report]
- 2014-03-24: Samsung ATIV SE Rumored To Arrive On Verizon 18th April
- 2014-02-26: Samsung ATIV SE Could Be Final Name of The "Huron"