The Samsung Galaxy S3 from Sprint recently received the latest security update via OTA. While the changes primarily attributed to the update weren’t that noticeable, a thorough scan will probably reveal its work. While the update managed to fix the previously reported issues with Google Wallet on the device, the tinkers and modders over at XDA are reporting that the update also simplified the original search functionality of the device. This means that searches will no longer reveal apps, contacts, maps, and more.
If this sounds familiar to you, then you’re probably thinking about the update Google deployed on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which simplified the smartphone’s quick search option. It seems that Samsung is prepping up for good, just in case Apple will push its patent infringement case against the device. In June this year, the Apple filed a preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy S3, saying that the device infringed its universal search technology patent. If you’ve already received the update and noticed that the original search function of the device has been dumbed down, you can install the old GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to restore it.
Next Story: Halo 4 will work on the Microsoft Surface tablet
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2013-11-24: Sprint Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Is Finally Out
- 2013-04-25: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Gets Multi-View Update
- 2013-04-12: Samsung Galaxy S3 In Amethyst Purple On Sprint Arrives
- 2013-03-18: Purple Samsung Galaxy S3 To Arrive On Sprint Soon
- 2012-10-24: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arriving on Sprint this October 24th