While Acer might be more known for its Android tablets, as far as its Android smartphone efforts have gone, well it’s safe to say that they aren’t really a company that comes to mind when you want an Android handset. That being said, it seems that the company might have an Android smartphone up their sleeves in the form of the Liquid Gallant Solo. While no official announcement has been made, the handset along with its looks and features were spotted on an official user guide posted on Acer’s website.
So what sort of specs are we looking at here? Well for starters users can look forward to a 4.3” qHD LCD display with a resolution of 960×540. It will be powered by a 1GHz MediaTek MT6575 processor and will be accompanied by 1GB of RAM, a 5MP rear-facing camera, 4GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot for memory expansion, a 1,500mAh removable battery and will ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board. Certainly not the most impressive handset we’ve seen out there, but given its specs we expect it will be getting an affordable price tag when it launches.
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2013-08-08: Acer Liquid S2 Revealed In Alleged Leaked Roadmap