About a week ago, we reported that a photo have surfaced which allegedly was that of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 2. In case it wasn’t obvious at that time, the photo was in fact a fake and is one that we have seen before in rumors regarding the Samsung Galaxy S3. However it seems that the folks at GSMArena have received a photo by a tipster who alleges that it is the official photo for the upcoming Galaxy Note 2. As you can see in the photo above, it looks like a larger version of the Galaxy S3, although at this point we can’t tell if it was designed that way on purpose or if it’s merely a fake and a photo manipulated Galaxy S3 designed to look bigger.
The tipster went on to detail some of the specs of the device which includes a 1280×800 Super AMOLED display measuring at 5.5”. Allegedly Samsung decided to pass on the Full HD display as it was putting too much strain on the battery. Other specs include a quad-core Exynos 4 processor clocked at 1.5GHz and will come with the same 8MP camera as the Galaxy S3. It also seems that the device will launch with Android 4.0 ICS as Jelly Bean is still being worked on for it. It’s only a matter of weeks until the official unveiling, so until then we suggest taking this with a grain of salt and check back with us on the 29th of August for the details. We’re leaning towards fake here and will maintain a good degree of skepticism, but for the sake of discussion, what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Innovation Museum Opens In South Korea
- 2014-04-21: Slew Of Samsung Devices Appear On Zauba, QHD Model One Of Them
- 2014-04-20: Samsung.com Down Because Of Samsung Building Fire
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March
- 2013-12-09: Android 4.3 For T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Released
- 2013-11-19: Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-11-10: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Expected To Roll Out Soon