Gamers if you’re looking forward to getting your hands on a new gaming laptop, you might want to check out Digital Storm’s latest offering in the X17E. Sporting a 17” display, Digital Storm is calling this particular model the fastest gaming laptop, and while its hardware certainly sounds like it could be true, we guess only real world tests will be able to prove that.
Customers will have the choice of choosing between AMD’s 7970M or NVIDIA’s 680M GPU, and as far as processors are concerned, Digital Storm will be outfitting the X17E with Intel’s i7-3920XM processor, which can apparently be overclocked by the company’s technicians to a whopping 4.5GHz! We’re not sure how many of you guys actually need that much raw power, but it’s good to know that it is there just in case we ever need it.
Sporting a rather normal looking body, it almost looks dull compared to Alienware’s offerings but we guess not everyone is a fan of a brightly lit up laptop to begin with, but the keyboard area can be lighted up and users can choose between seven different color options and lighting zones, i.e. WASD, arrow keys, the num pad, etc. Interestingly enough for the specs they’re offering, the base model of the X17E will cost $1,753 which isn’t too bad. It is expected to be available for purchase at the end of September.
Next Story: Metal Gear Solid the movie has been confirmed
- 2013-12-11: Digital Storm Teases Steam Machine For CES 2014
- 2013-03-19: Digital Storm Hailstorm II Is Pure Gaming PC Pedigree
- 2013-02-19: Digital Storm Bolt Is Thinnest Gaming PC In The World
- 2013-01-08: Digital Storm Unveils Aventum II Gaming Rig With New Cooling System
- 2012-10-23: Digital Storm’s Bolt gaming machine claims to be future-proof