Small things do matter. In case you were missing the “Nearby Friends” view on the Foursquare app, fret not because the company is now bringing back the feature – at least on iOS and BlackBerry. Apparently when Foursquare redesigned its app in June, the ability to switch between nearby check-ins and all activity was removed. Now, it is once again reintroducing the feature on the latest update. So if you’re running the app on your iPhone, you can switch between the two views by dragging the screen down on your friends tab.
BlackBerry users, on the other hand, can simply tap the friends icon to switch between the two views. The latest roll-out also includes a few bug fixes as well a couple of performance tweaks. In case you wondering when it’s returning to Android, the company said that it will be coming soon. Indeed, some people use Foursquare to keep up with all their friends, but sometimes users just want to know what’s going on around them. Thankfully, the developers of the highly-popular location-based social networking website realized that too soon.
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-02-04 Microsoft Invests $15 Million Into Foursquare
- 2014-01-30 Foursquare Now Lets You Order Food Within The App
- 2013-12-05 Foursquare v7.0 For iOS Gets A Complete Revamp
- 2013-10-14 Foursquare Ads Launched
- 2013-06-25 Foursquare Gives Your Friends The Power To Check You In
- 2013-05-21 Foursquare App For Windows Phone Updated With Nokia Lumia Exclusive Features
- 2013-01-29 Foursquare For Business Managers Gets Launched
- 2012-11-05 Foursquare for iOS now features a 1 to 10 rating system on Explore