We do know that HTC is not on a hot streak at the moment, with the company’s range of products being unable to have it maintain a high position in the overall market where smartphones are concerned, but does that mean the Taiwan-based company has given up altogether and thrown in the towel? Not quite, as we have word that there is an upcoming entry level handset in the market – the HTC Proto which was leaked, and it is rumored to be slightly more powerful than the HTC One V, slotting in nicely right behind the HTC One S.
Rumored specifications as reported by The Verge pointed to the HTC Proto carrying a dual-core 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8225 processor, having 512MB RAM which is accompanied by a 4-inch Super LCD display that has WVGA resolution. Apart from that, there is also 4GB of internal memory alongside a 5-megapixel camera right at the back. Like many of the more recent smartphones from HTC, the HTC Proto will boast of Beats Audio support to boot. The expected launch date for the HTC Proto? We are looking at most probably a fall rendezvous.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)