Word on the street has it that sometime over the weekend, there is a new photo that appeared on the Chinese social network known as Sina Weibo that showed off the iPad Mini’s back which was published on Apple.pro, and that particular image had no rear camera opening – hence leading to some folks disputing this as a fake. What the image showed off was an iPad-like aluminum shell that has an Apple logo at the back, while the iPad name is located on the lower portion of the case. Could this be just an engineering sample, or one of the many prototypes out there before the real deal is rolled out?
Of course, there are some out there who believe that the iPad Mini itself will come with a rear facing camera in addition to the front facing one, but who knows, we could be talking about the iPad Mini “Lite” here which is part of Apple’s efforts to reduce its manufacturing costs, while ensuring more people will be able to purchase an iPad in the future. What do you think? Is this the real deal or not?
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2013-02-28: iFixit Deems Microsoft Surface Pro Least Repairable Tablet
- 2013-02-21: iPad Mini 2 Rear Shell Leaked Photos Hint At Retina Display Addition [Rumor]
- 2013-02-04: Next Generation iPad Mini To Get 324ppi?
- 2013-01-22: Apple Goes Lovey Dovey With Valentine’s Day Engraving Promotion For iPads
- 2013-01-14: Cellular iPad Mini And 4th Gen iPads Hitting China This Friday