There has been no confirmation on the existence of the smaller 7” iPad mini from the folks over at Apple to date, but this does not mean that the rumors which were flying around in recent memory concerning the possibility of an iPad mini being introduced are false. After all, how can there be fire if there is no smoke? Word on the street has it that the iPad mini is whispered to arrive at store shelves later this October (albeit in separate announcements from the iPhone 5 so that there is no clash), where it will maintain its iPad mini name. I suppose this makes plenty of sense, as iPad nano might be a wee bit too outlandish considering 7” is nowhere near “nano-sized” expectations, don’t you agree?
According to Apple blog Macotakara, Apple has official plans to name its anticipated 7.85” tablet as the “iPad Mini.” Chances are the iPad mini will roll out later this October, where it is also touted to come with a more affordable display so that it will be able to go up against the Asus-manufactured Google Nexus 7 as well as the Amazon Kindle Fire on the price front, especially when both of them retail from $199 upwards.
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-10-22 New iPad Mini Gets Retina Display
- 2013-07-08 Second Generation iPad Mini Might Be Delayed
- 2013-05-05 10-inch Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet Rumored
- 2013-03-31 Apple Denied iPad Mini Trademark
- 2013-03-29 Apple Could Ditch Samsung As iPad Mini Display Supplier