With the official release date of Windows 8 just around the corner, a number of hardware vendors are gearing up to release their Windows 8 machines. It seems that among these vendors is Sony with its ‘Sony VAIO Duo 11’ convertible tablet.
For now, all that we know about this sleek tablet-cum-laptop comes from leaked sources. Pocketnow was able to grab information as well as some images of the tablet from one of its sources. From the looks of it, the device comes with a keyboard which can not be detached. The keyboard is also backlit, making it ideal for professional use of the device as a laptop.
The Duo in the name probably refers to the fact that it can be used both as a laptop and a tablet. And 11 may be a reference to the screen size, 11” being a fairly ideal display for a tablet.
The device comes with a stylus tablet which can be used to write directly on the screen. However, it also allows you to navigate Windows 8 UI using your finger. The images show the device running Windows RT but the Microsoft Office interface divulged by an image seems to suggest that it may offer other options too.
For now, the full specifications or the possible pricing details of the device are unknown. However, we do hope that we near the eventual release of Windows 8, Sony will decide to unveil these details and let us lay our eyes, and hands, on the device. [Image Courtesy of PocketNow]
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2012-10-11 Sony Vaio Tap 20 and Duo 11 spearhead Sony's Windows 8 launch