Assuming the rumors are to be believed, Apple’s next-gen iPhone is set for an announcement on the 12th of September, with the launch taking place on the 21st of September, which is why we can’t say we’re too surprised to learn that Sprint has lowered the price on the iPhone 4S. The carrier is now offering the iPhone 4S on a new two-year contract at $50, although you will need to pay $150 but you will in return receive a $100 AmEx pre-paid gift card.
Apple has also reportedly matched Sprint’s offer and will offer $100 store credit if you buy an iPhone 4S from their stores and sign up with a two-year contract with Sprint. This offer will run until the 26th of August so if you think that you’d rather save some money and get an iPhone 4S instead of the iPhone 5 (or whatever it will be called), perhaps this is an offer worth checking out. No word if other carriers are expected to launch a similar offer but for now it looks like Sprint is the only one.
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2012-08-07: Sprint CEO says the iPhone was worth all the billions
- 2012-07-19: Sprint won't charge extra for FaceTime over 3G
- 2012-05-21: Sprint now offering $100 worth of credit to trade-in your iPhone from another carrier
- 2012-05-18: Sprint to offer $100 credit iPhone trade-in promotion?
- 2012-04-26: Sprint's unlimited iPhone data plan will be sticking around, even if next iPhone is LTE capable