Given that Apple has introduced the 16:9 widescreen format to its latest iPhone 5, would it be a stretch of the imagination to think that perhaps one day we can expect a 16:9 iPad as well? Industry analyst Paul Mueller doesn’t seem to think so and after reportedly speaking to at least three people close to Apple, he has “confirmed” that Apple is indeed working on a 16:9 iPad. This “confirmation” seems to be corroborated by The Examiner who claims to have heard the same info themselves, suggesting that Apple is currently prototyping such a device.
The thing with Apple prototypes is that they are prototypes and aren’t necessarily going to be put into mass production. It’s pretty obvious that Apple goes through several and multiple designs before settling on the final one so if they have heard of such prototypes, it’s believable but as to whether Apple will ship it as the final product remains to be seen, but what do you guys think? Could Apple indeed be looking to introduce a 16:9 widescreen iPad in 2013? Until we actually see leaked components that suggests that could be the case, we’ll be taking this with a grain of salt for now and suggest you do the same.
Next Story: Moo announces NFC-enabled business cards
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]