Say what you will about Apple’s latest iPhone 5, and joke all you want about its design, but the proof is most definitely in the pudding and while it seems that many weren’t too impressed with Apple’s latest iPhone, AT&T has come forward and told the folks at MacRumors that the iPhone 5 has managed to set a new sales record for the carrier just over the weekend alone, with more customers ordering the iPhone 5 compared to its predecessors.
“AT&T set a sales record with iPhone 5 over the weekend, making it the fastest-selling iPhone the company has ever offered. Customers ordered more iPhones from AT&T than any previous model, both on its first day of preorders and over the weekend.”
This is after the iPhone 5’s pre-order units sold out, breaking its previous record as well, and given that some people have already begun queuing outside of Apple’s stores for the retail launch a good four days ahead of time, perhaps we might see some records get broken there as well.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-07-22: AT&T Said To Be Offering $200 Off Early iPhone Upgrades [Debunked]
- 2013-06-24: AT&T Discounts iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One By 50% For A Limited Time
- 2012-11-08: AT&T Allows Apple's Facetime over Cellular
- 2012-09-12: AT&T outs iPhone 5 this September 21st
- 2012-09-05: iPhone 5 cases reportedly showing up in AT&T's systems