When Asus introduced its first Padfone device, it truly looked like a wonder. Padfone essentially packed the functionalities of a smartphone, a tablet and a laptop. You simply needed to hook up a smartphone into two different docks to turn it into either a tablet or a laptop.
Now, we are on the verge of a new release for the Padfone line-up. We’ve been hearing about Padfone 2 for a while but until now, there was no official word as to when the actual release of the device may be. Now, an Italian website has posted the image of what seems to be the official invitation to the Padfone 2 launch events which will be happening in Milan and Taipei simultaneously.
The purported image of the official invitation announced October 16, 2012 to be the fateful day when the device will be launched. In the backdrop, one can see a silhouetted Padfone 2 with rounded edges.
While the specs of Padfone 2 are not definitively know, numerous hints indicate that it will be packing a quad-core 1.5 GHz processor together with 2GB of RAM and will be running Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Also, while the official launch event of the device does seem to be October 16, we don’t know whether or not it will be made available at the same time.RELATED
- Twitter Updates iOS, Android Apps To Send Photos Through Direct Messages
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Record Android Device's Screen With Audio Through CyanogenMod Screencast App
- Follow: asus, padfone,
- Seen at: notebookitalia.it