The one game that has sustained its wild success on the mobile platform for a long time is, without a doubt, Angry Birds. The original game as well as the subsequent releases have been major hits.
However, some of you may be tired with all that slinging action in Angry Birds. Worry not, because Rovio is here to entertain you with the pigs’ side of the story now. Called ‘Bad Piggies’, a new game by Rovio is all set for a release on September 27th.
For a start, the game will be released for iOS, Android and Mac. Rovio promises that Windows 8 and PC versions will also be rolled out soon. While this is essentially a departure from hardcore Angry Birds franchise, the game is still closely related.
Rovio’s CEO, Mikael Hed, explains the rationale behind ‘Bad Piggies’ in the following words, “There’s a lot of empathy towards the lovable enemies from the Angry Birds games, and we’ve been constantly asked: what about the pigs’ side of the story? Bad Piggies gives you the chance to play as the second-most-loved characters in the Angry Birds universe, and explore this rich world through their green eyes.”
There will be no slingshots in this new game and the gameplay is going to be entirely different. So if you are finally getting over the Angry Birds addiction, this may be the next game to hook on to.
Next Story: iPhone 4S Dual Sim Card Case By thumbsUp!
- 2014-03-17: Angry Birds Epic Soft Launched In Several Countries Today
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27: Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive