It would seem that being a Microsoft employee this year would require you to purchase a new jacket, preferably one with large pockets, as it was reported that Microsoft employees will be on the receiving end of Surface tablets, Windows Phone 8 handsets, and Windows 8 computers.
The announcement from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer did rouse quite the enthusiastic response at the end of the company’s annual employee meeting. We are not talking about just a select group of employees, but rather, all of Microsoft’s employees around the world (numbering more than 90,000) will be on the receiving end of a Surface RT tablet and a Windows Phone 8 device of their choice among others. Hmmm, where do I sign up to be a Microsoft worker? One positive thing about this move would be the fact that the Windows Phone 8 user base would gain an instant boost, although the number will not run up to the millions, it is still a boost nonetheless. It might just help make Windows Phone 8 more visible in the eyes of the world.
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft Surface Mini Accessories Listed By Amazon Retailer
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15 WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2012-10-02 Microsoft-branded Windows Phone handset expected in first half of 2013 [Rumor]