Wireless charging is not exactly a novelty and a number of vendors, such as HP, have tried their hands on it in the past. The technology hasn’t exactly gained traction so far. However, Nokia seems to have jumped the bandwagon and has a shot at popularizing wireless charging.
A new image leaked by evleaks shows a wireless charging pad for Nokia’s Lumia devices. In the image, two upcoming Lumia devices, Lumia 920 PureView and Lumia 820, being charged through a wireless charging pad. Apparently, you simply have to place the devices on the pad to charge them and some kind of magnetic strip keeps them intact.
In the past, rumors regarding a possible wireless charger for Lumia devices have done their rounds on the web. In fact, it has been specifically speculated that the new Lumia 920 will come with a wireless charger, a rumor which is now reasserted with this purportedly leaked image.
Back in 2009, Nokia joined the Wireless Power Consortium after which it was hoped that the Finnish company would soon ship out a wireless charger. It took a while but hopefully, one is on its way now. Also, the wireless charger is probably going to be Qi compliant, a standard that is observed by the Wireless Power Consortium.
We will know for sure whether or not these images are authentic on Sept 5 when Nokia and Microsoft plan to unveil the range of new Windows Phone 8 Lumia devices.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-02-28 Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications Leaked (Rumor)
- 2014-01-23 Nokia Sold 8.2 Million Lumia Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-03-18 Nokia To Offer Software Updates For Lumia 920, Lumia 820, And Lumia 620
- 2013-02-24 Nokia Lumia 520 should be called Lumia Mini
- 2013-02-24 Nokia Lumia 720 With f1.9 Camera Lens