One great thing about conceptual designs is this – you need not be constrained by limitations in the real world, although sometimes a working concept is better than just a drawing. Which is why we are interested in the Peugeot Onyx concept scooter that will accompany the 507kW hybrid-powered Peugeot Onyx supercar concept at the 2012 Paris Motor Show that will happen later this week. According to leaks, the three-wheeled Onyx-inspired Concept Scooter looks mean as heck, where it will follow a similar copper-and-matt black color scheme that is found on the diesel-hybrid Onyx, although since this is not a supercar, you can be sure that its performance levels will not be up to snuff.
At the back lies a solitary 17” wheel, and the entire Peugeot Onyx Concept Scooter functions as a plug-in hybrid setup that will merge a 400cc internal combustion engine alongside an electric motor, pumping out 45kW of power and 58Nm of torque in the process. Touted to hit a maximum speed of 150km/h, it has a fuel consumption of 2.0 litres per 100km, which is pretty far when you think about it. Of course, when running on pure electricity alone, its range varies from 30km in EV mode (at 50km/h) to 500km when working in tandem with the combustion engine. No idea on whether this concept will roll off the production line though – would you buy one if it did?
- 2013-06-03 Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15 Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08 Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03 Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03 Phinergy Air Car Concept
- 2011-03-14 Peugeot XB1 concept looks super sleek
- 2009-11-13 Peugeot HYbrid 3 Evolution Scooter concept
- 2010-09-30 Peugeot HR1 concept debuts at Paris Motor Show 2010, has tablet dock