The ability to tool two SIMs in a single smartphone is very enticing. If you are an iPhone 4S user and have two SIMs to use, it can be quite a hassle to interchange between them. Normally, it requires taking out the SIM and inserting the other SIM in its place.
A number of smartphones offer dual-SIM functionality. However, none of the iPhone devices have been on that list. While Apple doesn’t seem to have any plans of offering such a feature in the future either, thumbsUp! has now released a case which can be an alternative.
According to the company, the Dual Sim Card case allows your iPhone to carry two SIMs at the same time. By simply pushing a button, you can switch between the two. It supports micro as well as normal SIM cards and comes with a price tag of £29.99.
The head of Business Development at thumbsUp!, Wojtek Kolan says, “After talking through the annoyances of having multiple phones for work and personal use, we realised how much easier it would be if you could swap between the two, using only your iPhone.”
The case is compatible with both iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. However, we are not sure how the case hooks up to the actual SIM tray inside iPhone – so please be cautious. The company recommends that the device be turned off before switching between the two SIM cards.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08: Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23: Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2013-01-24: Keep Your iPhone And Cup Of Coffee Within Reach With UpperCup Case
- 2011-12-13: Third Man 45 iPhone case features a real vinyl record
- 2011-11-23: Sexy iPhone cases will definitely turn heads
- 2011-11-09: Vooma Peel PG92 brings dual-SIM capabilities to your iPhone
- 2011-09-23: Otterbox iPhone 4S case spotted