A few days ago we reported that a certain Sony device with the codename “Odin” hinted at the possibility that this could be Sony’s flagship phone in 2013. However until today, only the name was known but thanks to the folks at Phone Arena, they have managed to stumble across a forum thread which was dedicated to Xperia rumors. While the post itself is a bit dated, what makes it somewhat credible is the fact that the poster referenced “Odin” a good few months before the tech publications (like ourselves) came across it.
Since these specs cannot be confirmed, they should be taken with a grain of salt but for the sake of discussion and entertaining possibilities, here’s what “Odin” could feature. For starters it seems that Sony will be taking their cue from Samsung and LG with a 5” display which sounds like a “phablet” to us. However Sony might be one-upping the competition with a 1080p Full HD display. It will pack 2GB of RAM and will be powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset, the same one powering the LG Optimus G. Apart from that, not much else was revealed.
However given that the thread is kind of old, there is a chance that some of these specs/features could be changed, especially since we’re not quite in 2013. It is not entirely impossible as Sony did state earlier this year at MWC 2012 that they will not be releasing quad-core phones until 2013, but what do you guys make of this? Do you think Sony is jumping aboard the “phablet” bandwagon, and would you get your hands on it if such a device did exist?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2012-12-30: More Sony C650X Odin Information Made Available
- 2012-11-20: More Sony Yuga And Odin Specifications
- 2012-11-02: Sony C650X Odin render is a fake
- 2012-10-21: Sony C650X Odin spotted on candid camera?
- 2012-10-08: Sony C650X Odin could be 2013 flagship smartphone