Good news folks, if the HTC One X+ has been a phone you’ve had your eye on, well you’re in luck as HTC has officially announced the handset. This is after the rumors and leaked photos, but we guess it is now official. For those wondering about its specs, the rumors had it right and you can expect to see the HTC One X+ come with NVIDIA’s Tegra-3 quad-core processor clocked at a speedy 1.7GHz. It will also come with a slightly larger battery at 2,100mAh and will feature more storage at 64GB, a 4.7” display and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean preinstalled with HTC’s Sense 4+ UI on board.
The HTC One X+ will also come with Beats Audio integration and what HTC is calling “Tap and Go” which lets users connect to Beats speakers simply by tapping the devices together. The camera will remain the same at 8MP with an aperture of f/2.0 although HTC has revealed a new feature – Self Portrait mode which according to the Taiwanese company, can “intuitively” detect the subject’s face “at various angles and applying subtle enhancements to skin and eyes”, along with a Sightseeing mode which lets users bypass the lock screen and launch the camera app straightaway. Not the most revolutionary features but we’re sure there will be users who will appreciate it anyway. The HTC One X+ will be launching in Europe and South Asia in October and November respectively, with a North America release expected to be announced later on. [Product page]
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2013-04-02: HTC One X Rumored To Receive Android 4.2.2 Update With Sense 5 In June/July
- 2012-11-26: HTC One X Jelly Bean Update Goes Global
- 2012-11-12: AT&T HTC One X+, One VX launch details leaked?
- 2012-10-29: International HTC One X receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update
- 2012-10-26: HTC One X receives Android 4.1.2, HTC One S to follow