LG has lifted the veil on their Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update schedule that will target a bunch of smartphones, with the long awaited Jelly Bean update roll-out to begin from November onwards. The first of the LG smartphones to receive this update includes the Optimus LTE 2, where the LG Optimus G will follow a month after that – in December, of course. As for LG’s collection of phablet devices, the LG Optimus Vu and Vu 2, those will receive the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update in Q1 next year – which means you will have to wait until March 2013 at the latest. So far, nothing has been revealed for the Optimus 4X HD or L-Style series updates, but those ought to be in the pipeline for sure.
This is an improvement for a company like LG that did pick up some flak in the past for their rather disappointing software update record when compared to other Android smartphone manufacturers. LG has also been known to skip major operating system updates for their flagship devices even.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: Android, Jelly Bean (Android), LG,
- Seen at: gadgets.ndtv