Most, if not all, of the first generation robot vacuum cleaners came in only one shape – it was circular in nature, and they generally pitter pattered around the home while making short work of dust bunnies. It then dawned upon the folks over at LG that a square shape would do a much better job at cleaning corners compared to a circle, resulting in the LG Hom-Bot robotic vacuum cleaner. We do wonder, however, why not come up with a triangle shaped robot vacuum cleaner to boot? That would also be able to cover corners effectively, and would be handy for small one-bedroom apartments.
The LG Hom-Bot robotic vacuum cleaner will feature hi-tech sensors and newly improved brushes (1.5cm longer compared to the ones found in its predecessor), sporting corner-detecting sensors so that the cleaner will have a better idea on the room it is in, when to make that turn, and when to stop. Sensitive Dual Eye 2.0 camera sensors will make a quick scan of the floor, sampling multiple images per second followed by analyzing such information before generating a fairly accurate map of the space, never mind if the lights are all turned off.
A global launch for the LG Hom-Bot robotic vacuum cleaner will kick off sometime next year, pricing details have yet to be confirmed. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2013-04-16: LG Roboking Vacuum Cleaner Is Voice Activated
- 2013-01-02: LG Hom-Bot Square Vacuums To Hit CES 2013 Showfloor
- 2011-08-30: LG Roboking Triple Eye announced
- 2011-07-01: LG Vacuum Robot has Smart Diagnostics, tells you it is sick
- 2009-12-16: LG announces RoboKing vacuum cleaner