Most, if not all, of the first generation robot vacuum cleaners came in only one shape – it was circular in nature, and they generally pitter pattered around the home while making short work of dust bunnies. It then dawned upon the folks over at LG that a square shape would do a much better job at cleaning corners compared to a circle, resulting in the LG Hom-Bot robotic vacuum cleaner. We do wonder, however, why not come up with a triangle shaped robot vacuum cleaner to boot? That would also be able to cover corners effectively, and would be handy for small one-bedroom apartments.
The LG Hom-Bot robotic vacuum cleaner will feature hi-tech sensors and newly improved brushes (1.5cm longer compared to the ones found in its predecessor), sporting corner-detecting sensors so that the cleaner will have a better idea on the room it is in, when to make that turn, and when to stop. Sensitive Dual Eye 2.0 camera sensors will make a quick scan of the floor, sampling multiple images per second followed by analyzing such information before generating a fairly accurate map of the space, never mind if the lights are all turned off.
A global launch for the LG Hom-Bot robotic vacuum cleaner will kick off sometime next year, pricing details have yet to be confirmed. [Press Release]RELATED
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- Coffee Machine That Roasts, Grinds And Brews Your Cuppa
- FiberFix Uses Resin, Water To Become 100x Stronger Than Duct Tape
- Panasonic's Latest Premium Razor Features Stubble Detector, LCD Display
- Follow: LG, vacuum cleaner,