BGR has gotten hold of some pretty exclusive images of what they claim is the new iPad, and what you see above would be its new display assembly. Some of the more noticeable changes as listed by BGR include a larger cutout for its front-facing camera compared to its predecessor, and that can only mean one of two things: it is an engineering mistake, or Apple wants to throw in a larger sensor, and the smart money would be on the second option. Apple will most probably be using the 1.2 megapixel FaceTime HD camera that can be found in the iPhone 5 and iPod touch.
Another possible change would be the fact that the display itself will be optically bonded, resulting in reduced glare and an improved image. No idea on whether this will make its way as Apple’s 3rd-generation iPad refresh as the jury is still out as to whether an announcement on that will be made tomorrow morning or not. What do you think of an iPad refresh, and seeing how Apple’s quarterly earnings will be reported soon, how will it impact Apple’s fiscal year for 2013?
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- iOS 7.1 Release Apparently Just Around The Corner
- Researchers Find iOS Security Flaw To Monitor Screen Taps And Keystrokes
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.6/6.1.6 To Fix SSL Encryption Bug
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued