BGR has gotten hold of some pretty exclusive images of what they claim is the new iPad, and what you see above would be its new display assembly. Some of the more noticeable changes as listed by BGR include a larger cutout for its front-facing camera compared to its predecessor, and that can only mean one of two things: it is an engineering mistake, or Apple wants to throw in a larger sensor, and the smart money would be on the second option. Apple will most probably be using the 1.2 megapixel FaceTime HD camera that can be found in the iPhone 5 and iPod touch.
Another possible change would be the fact that the display itself will be optically bonded, resulting in reduced glare and an improved image. No idea on whether this will make its way as Apple’s 3rd-generation iPad refresh as the jury is still out as to whether an announcement on that will be made tomorrow morning or not. What do you think of an iPad refresh, and seeing how Apple’s quarterly earnings will be reported soon, how will it impact Apple’s fiscal year for 2013?
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-10-14: Samsung And Apple Rumored To Be Working On 12 Inch Tablets
- 2013-10-08: Apple To Hold iPad Event This October 22nd
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-07-08: Apple To Launch 5th Gen iPad In September (Rumor)
- 2013-04-24: Tactilize: Create and Share Visual Cards from the iPad