We’re sure that many were kind of disappointed earlier this year when Apple did not unveil new iMacs alongside the refreshed MacBook Airs and the MacBook Pros. However rumors at that time suggested that the refreshed iMacs could be coming later although when exactly is still a mystery. That being said, photos have been posted on Chinese website, WeiPhone, that claims to be the internal components of the upcoming iMac refresh which also shows off WiFi and Bluetooth antennas, fans, and a hard drive.
Unfortunately the specifics of the refresh were not mentioned, although in terms of design, we could be seeing something completely new. According to the reports, the upcoming iMac refresh will not only introduce new components (obviously), but will also be much thinner compared to its predecessor. This is thanks to its display being attached to its glass cover which sounds similar to the technique employed on the iPhone 5 which resulted in a much thinner device. The report has also suggested that the shell of the new iMac will be curvier like a water droplet, rather than squared. We’ll take this with a grain of salt for now but what do you guys think?
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- OS X 10.10 Could Feature A Flatter Design
- Mac Pro Could Be Getting Ready For Production, According To Recent Flextronics Hirings
- iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5 Hardware Compared In New Photos [Rumor]
- Updated Retina MacBook Pro Rumored To Be Delayed Until October