Pearltrees is a collaborative and visual curation tool that allows users to organize and discover online content.
Today, Pearltrees launches its 1.0 version with Pearltrees Premium, with a membership fee of $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year that gives access to privacy settings. Before, all your Pearltrees were publicly published on the web.
The new feature is really good news: I am a big fan of the visual user interface although I did not use Pearltrees that much, both due to a lack of time and a concern for privacy. The content that I collect in bookmarks or I flag in my Google reader remains private or is sharable with people I know. For the same reason, I do not like to read articles inside Facebook news applications since I cannot control well who is seeing what I am reading. According to marketers, it looks like the younger generation has no concerns regarding privacy when it comes to share publicly the content it consumes online.
This new feature is really great and may increase the user base to numerous professionals for collaboratively gathering information in various format: notes, images, web pages. The algorithm allows to rapidly discover content on a selected topic by simply browsing the millions pearls publically collected by contributors.
Pearltrees Premium benefits:
- users can now collect source notes, web sites, quotes and images in a private place;
- users can share their data and notes with the people they select
- 2014-04-17: Hitman GO Now Available In iTunes App Store
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2012-11-14: Dijit NextGuide Update
- 2012-07-24: Pearltrees for iPhone
- 2012-01-05: Tingle: Mobile Dating App To Launch in The US
- 2011-12-15: My6Sense Launches Smart Magazine
- 2011-09-08: Translator app avoids miscommunication when ordering food