In what can only be deemed as encouraging news for software giant Microsoft, the recently detailed Surface RT tablet (which comes with 32GB of storage space in tow alongside a competitive $499 price point) has been said to have its pre-orders sold out, and is now on 3 weeks back order. Hats off to Microsoft for generating the relevant and necessary interest in this department, and with a 3 week back order, one can only presume that this would translate to approximately a fortnight after the other Surface tablets are delivered to their respective owners.
There are also other rumors going around that Microsoft did place an order of up to 5 million Surface RT tablets in the final quarter of the year. Interesting times are definitely ahead of us, especially with the Surface RT’s highly competitive pricing that would definitely eat into some of the tablet market share. The question is, just how much of an appetite will Surface RT have amongst consumers?
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft Office 365 Has 4.4 Million Paid Users Now
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft Surface Mini Accessories Listed By Amazon Retailer
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-06 Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01 Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26 Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2014-03-11 Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679
- 2014-03-10 Surface 2 LTE Tablets Sent To Microsoft Stores (Rumor)?