Proud owners of the original Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 will be happy to hear that Jelly Bean 4.1.2 has just been leaked via SamMobile. But before you jump up and down to celebrate, do note that this is a test firmware version, which means that it has a couple of glitches and that it cannot be accessed via KIES. SamMobile says that the N7000XXLSA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean test firmware version is the first ever for the international device.
However, it added that a lot of work has to be done by Samsung in order to roll out the final Jelly Bean update. The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is expected to be released sometime in December or January. First leaked a couple of days ago on XDA-Developers, the N7000XXLSA test firmware has been downloaded directly by an insider from Samsung’s servers.
It has been fully tested and should work on your device. Enhancements of the firmware include Google Now, a new notifications bar, multi-views, page buddy, smart rotation, new widgets, Samsung’s Cloud services, and Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features. You can download the firmware here. The flashing instructions are as follows:
1. Unzip the file
2. Open Odin 3.04 (Get it from HERE)
3. Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
4. Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
5. Add CODE_N7000XXLSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to PDA
6. Add MODEM_N7000XXLSA_REV_05_CL1222228.tar.md5 to PHONE
7. Add CSC_OXA_N7000OXALSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC
8. Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
9. Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.