Not to be outdone with Samsung’s 3 million Galaxy Note 2 sales in a two-month period, Apple released a statement today saying that it has sold 3 million iPads in just three days following the global debut of the iPad mini and the iPad 4 last week. This means that Apple was able to double its previous first weekend record of 1.5 million iPad 3 (Wi-Fi only) sales in March this year. Although Apple CEO Tim Cook says that all iPad minis were practically sold out, we’re wondering just how many iPad minis were sold.
Last week, during the official debut of the iPad mini and the iPad 4 in the U.S. and in 33 other countries, it was reported that the overall response was underwhelming compared to previous product launches. Nevertheless, in spite of the doubts, Apple has managed to handle everything by announcing the combined sales of the iPad mini and the iPad 4 today. “Customers around the world love the new iPad mini and fourth generation iPad,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We set a new launch weekend record and practically sold out of iPad minis. We’re working hard to build more quickly to meet the incredible demand.”
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-11-25: Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 2013-09-27: Gold iPad Mini 2 With Touch ID Fingerprint Scanner Leaked In New Photo [Rumor]