A mouse is a mouse, but the Brookstone Scanner Mouse clearly throws you such typical, conventional thinking out of the window. This computer mouse will not only help you navigate your cursor to where you want it to, but it also comes with an integrated scanner which will not only save space but time as well, delivering an unprecedented flexible manner of scanning files. All you need to do is hold the Smart Scan button on the left side of the mouse, glide the mouse freely over any document in whatever pattern you choose, and the software will then stitch the scanned images into one on the display, as though by magic.
It does not matter whether you want to scan photos, artwork or receipts, gliding it over will get the job done. You can opt to save your images in a range of files such as JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, XLS, DOC and PDF, where these can subsequently be uploaded to sites like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or email in a jiffy. Not only that, the implementation of LG’s Optical Character Recognition technology will help you convert scanned text to editable Microsoft Word or Excel files automatically. The Brookstone Scanner Mouse scans documents and images up to 16.5″ x 11.7″ in size at high-resolution 320 dpi, and you can bring one home for $99.99.
- 2014-02-12: Steve Jobs’ Lisa Computer Mouse Recovered From Time Capsule
- 2014-01-16: King Jim's Mouse Comes With A Camera Built Into It
- 2013-12-03: Rapoo 7100P Wireless Optical Mouse Announced
- 2013-10-31: Japanese Researchers Breath-Controlled PC Mouse
- 2013-10-15: Gyration Air Mouse GO Plus Is Back With A Vengeance