There are some out there who are willing to bet their life that Google’s Chrome browser is hands down the best web browser available, something that used to be used to describe Mozilla’s Firefox. I guess times have changed, and for folks who follow the Chrome scene, some of us might wonder how come the desktop version of Chrome is right now at version 23, while Chrome for Android seemed to be stuck in the past at version 18 thereabouts? Well, Google Chrome’s Google+ page has said that this is set to end sometime early next year.
We expect an update to Chrome for Android starting with a developer update to happen before the end of the year, and we’re actively working towards aligning releases across all platforms, including Android, starting early next year.
In plain English, it means that both the desktop and mobile versions of Chrome would eventually jive in terms of their version numbers – which is a good thing, don’t you think so?RELATED
- Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- Samsung Could Be Working On Transparent Displays With Rear Touchscreen Controls
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- LG: Flexible Displays Will Account For 40% Of The Market In 2018
- Honda's Smartphone Case N Comes With Air Bags
- Follow: Android, chrome,
- Seen at: androidauthority