Last month a press rendering of the Huawei Ascend W1 was spotted, revealing the China company’s attempt at a Windows Phone 8 device, which they seemingly have taken a design cue from Nokia with the use of bright colors. In any case it was suggested that perhaps we could be seeing the Ascend W1 by the end of the year, but unfortunately that will not be the case. According to the folks at WPCentral, they report that the Huawei Ascend W1 will only make its official debut come 2013 – to be more specific, the Ascend W1 will most likely be shown off a CES 2013 which will be taking place in January.
We will be taking this with a grain of salt for now, but given that CES is a pretty big deal and a great place to show off new products, we wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. Alleged hardware specifications of the Ascend W1 include a 4” WVGA display, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, a VGA front-facing camera, a 5MP rear-facing camera, 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage with Windows Phone 8 running the show.
- 2014-04-23 Huawei Targets $300M Spend In Global Marketing For 2014
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03 Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02 Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2013-05-09 Huawei W1 Windows Phone 8 Smartphone Announced
- 2013-04-11 Huawei Ascend W2 Specifications Reportedly Leaked
- 2013-02-20 Huawei Ascend W1 Gets FCC Approval
- 2013-01-08 The Ascend W1 Is Huawei's First Windows Phone 8 Smartphone
- 2012-12-17 Huawei Ascend W1 Sees CES 2013 Debut