While Windows Phone 8 is one of the smoothest mobile operating system experiences to date, there seems to be a niggling reboot issue for Windows Phone 8-powered devices. Apparently, owners of the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Windows Phone 8X from HTC seem to be affected far more than the others, as their devices do seem to reset themselves for no apparent reason. Random reboots can be one of the more irritating experiences, and I can definitely vouch for that. Imagine doing your work halfway only to have your smartphone reboot on you without saving your previous work, and unlike a desktop software, it is not that easy to recover (if and where possible) your work. Not only that, modern day smartphones have impossibly long startup times compared to the old school Nokias.
Random reboots are not the only issues plaguing these Windows Phone 8 smartphones, but there have been some users who did mention that they have experienced email synchronization issues as well, where the accounts remain perpetually stuck in a synchronization loop – definitely one of the major ways of draining your smartphone’s battery to nothing in a short while.
- 2014-03-25 Windows Phone 8.1 Could Let Developers Reply To App Reviews
- 2014-01-27 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas For Windows Phone 8 Launched At Last
- 2014-01-10 Microsoft Will Update All Windows Phone 8 Devices To The Latest Version
- 2013-12-10 Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- 2013-12-10 Microsoft Launches Socl App For Windows Phone 8 Devices
- 2013-05-16 Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 Amber Update To Improve Camera Performance
- 2013-04-08 Nokia Lumia 920 Is The Best Selling Windows Phone
- 2013-03-26 Windows Phone 8 Update Activates FM Radio, Double-Tap To Wake On Lumia 920
- 2013-03-04 Nokia Catwalk Expected To Succeed The Lumia 920
- 2013-01-17 Portico Update For Nokia Lumia 820 And 920 Goes Global