Sometimes it feels weird that I have to resort to Google Maps on my iPhone especially since there is a native Maps app built into iOS 6, but given that Google Maps has certain features that Apple Maps lacks, it only makes sense that iOS users find the need to turn to Google’s offering instead of relying on Apple’s own app. Perhaps looking to improve their Maps app with more features, word on the street has it that Apple and Foursquare are in preliminary talks that could see Foursquare somehow make its way into the Maps app.
At this stage it is unclear as to what could happen – are we just looking at data sharing where Foursquare locations appear on Apple Maps, displaying reviews and the likes, or could we see deeper integration where users can actually check into those locations via Foursquare through the Maps app? This could help with discovery of places, while at the same time improving the accuracy of the Maps. Rumor has it that Apple’s Eddy Cue has met with the folks at Foursquare, although details of the meeting were not revealed. What do you guys think? Would you like to see Foursquare integrated into Apple Maps?
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch