There has been a lot of talk about Apple’s alleged TV set, and lately one former Apple exec even stated that he does not believe that an Apple TV will not happen. Since nothing official has been mentioned by Apple, it’s hard to say who’s right and who’s wrong, but thanks to a report by the Wall Street Journal, it seems that Apple’s TV plans are still on track albeit in its extremely early stages. The WSJ is reporting that Apple is currently working with both Sharp and Foxconn to test the designs for such a device, although according to one source, this TV project of Apple’s is apparently not a formal project yet, which means that Apple could decide to just drop it completely if they choose to. That does not seem to be the case as according to an interview Tim Cook gave last week, he went on the record by saying that the TV market has been left behind, suggesting that Apple could be the ones picking up the slack. In any case we’ll be taking this with a grain of salt for now and suggest you do the same, but stay tuned as we’ll keep our eyes and ears peeled for more Apple TV news.
- 2014-04-06 Apple Rumored To Be Testing 65-inch Display Panels For iTV
- 2014-03-12 Apple Stepping Up Camera Efforts In Recent Job Listings
- 2014-02-11 Apple Job Listing Hints At 'New Platforms'
- 2014-02-07 Tim Cook Hints At New Product Categories
- 2013-11-13 Analyst Believes Apple Might Have Delayed iTV Launch Up To Two Years