The smartphone market is currently being dominated by both iOS and Android, although we’re pretty sure that customers out there might be fed up with either and are looking for an alternative. With Blackberry 10 only available in 2013, it looks like Windows Phone could be an option but adopting a new platform might be a risk not everyone is willing to take, or pay for. Well the good news is that if you were thinking about hopping on board the Windows Phone bandwagon, Nokia has announced the Lumia 620, a phone which the Finnish company is calling their most affordable WP8 handset to date.
Much like its other Lumia siblings, the Lumia 620 will be offered in a variety of colors, ranging from the somber black to more bright and eye-catching colors, but if you’d rather not tie yourself down to one particular color, the shells of the Lumia 620 are interchangeable and users will have seven different colors to choose from. As far as the rest of the phone is concerned, the Lumia 620 will sport a 3.8” display and will feature the same sunlight readability enhancements found on the Lumia 920 and the Lumia 820.
The Lumia 620 will also pack a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor under its hood clocked at 1GHz, 512MB of RAM, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a VGA front-facing camera, 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded via microSD (up to 64GB) and will come preinstalled with Nokia services such as Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive and Nokia City Lens. If you’re thinking about picking up the Lumia 620 for yourself, you might be interested to learn that it will only cost you $249 sans local taxes or carrier subsidies, which we have to admit is a pretty good deal. It is also expected to be made available in Q1 2013.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2013-07-08: Nokia Expected To Release Bluetooth Low Energy Support For Select Lumias
- 2013-05-10: AT&T Launches New Prepaid Cellphone Service, Aio Wireless
- 2013-04-10: Nokia Lumia 620 Firmware Gets Global Rollout
- 2013-03-18: Nokia To Offer Software Updates For Lumia 920, Lumia 820, And Lumia 620
- 2013-01-31: Nokia Lumia 620 Spotted In Video