Ever since Samsung launched their Android-powered Samsung Galaxy Camera this year, other camera manufacturers have been taking notice and are probably planning to Android up their upcoming cameras. The thing is, most people don’t know Polaroid was the first to bring Android to cameras with its SC1630, and it looks like a Russian site has just leaked Polaroid’s upcoming Android-powered camera.
The Polaroid IM1836 looks like it will have an interchangeable lens as the biggest selling point to the camera with a body that looks very similar to Nikon’s J1/J2 and will have an 18.1 million pixel sensor. THe IM1836 will also include a pop-up flash, Wi-Fi, HDMI output, a 3.5″ touchscreen, 10-30mm optic and will use MicroSD.
Seeing as CES is right around the corner, we’re sure Polaroid will be making its announcement for its upcoming Android-powered camera in the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you like the idea of an Android-powered camera with an interchangeable lens, it looks like you may not have to wait long to get one.RELATED
- Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- Samsung Will Reportedly Focus On Smartphone Accessories And Peripherals In 2014
- Amazon Prime Air Video Wasn't Shot In The U.S.
- Chromecast Gets Ten New Content Partners
- ZowPow Plush Toy Controller Targets Kids
- Follow: Android, camera, polaroid,
- Seen at: photorumors