I guess you know that smartphones and tablets are one hot ticket item this Christmas, otherwise how else do you explain the massive download of the Temple Run game over the Christmas period? Keith Shepherd, founder of Imangi Studios, the very same studio behind the highly addictive Temple Run game, just announced on Wednesday that their game received more than its fair share of love over Christmas. In fact, this game was downloaded over a million times on iOS, and also more than one million times on the Android platform. The good news does not stop there though, as Amazon’s Appstore also registered more than 500,000 downloads throughout the 24-hour period. This is definitely an achievement worth trumpeting about in the span of just one day. To put things in perspective, Temple Run was the top free and top grossing app on Apple’s App Store earlier this year, garnering more than 40 million downloads and 7 million daily active users. Users these days sure are fast and efficient in updating their devices, no?
Next Story: Astronaut Records Song In Orbit
- 2014-04-14: Temple Run 2 Gets Cloud Support
- 2014-03-20: Temple Run Developer Shares Early Prototypes Of The Game
- 2013-07-11: Temple Run To Hit More Lumia Handsets Soon
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-03-27: Temple Run Makes Its Long-Awaited Debut On Windows Phone