Apple is apparently expected to announce multiple iPhones this year, which is great for the iPhone community, but what about the iPad? We’ve heard rumors of an iPad Mini 2 possibly in the works that will have a Retina Display, although if a report from iLounge is to be believed, this may turn out to be the next official iPad.
According to the report, the fifth-generation iPad will completely move on from its current design to adopt a form factor that is said to be similar to the iPad Mini’s. The iPad 5 will virtually have no bezel down the sides of the display, be significantly thinner than previous models and is said to be a huge improvement over the fourth-generation iPad.
The report also suggest we won’t be seeing the iPad 5 any time soon as it’s expected to release in October 2013, although that’s based on pure speculation as its believed the parts to make the new iPad won’t be available for some time.
The iPad Mini has been quite popular ever since it was announced this past October, although we certainly would prefer our official iPads to have its larger screen rather than become another iPad Mini.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-10-22: New iPad Mini Gets Retina Display
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-10-06: Retina iPad Mini And Apple iTV Might Come Next Year [Analyst]
- 2013-08-12: iPad 5 Features Same Thin Touch-Screen Technology As iPad Mini [Rumor]
- 2013-07-08: Second Generation iPad Mini Might Be Delayed