Popular crowdsourcing company, Kickstarter, has revealed the astonishing details of its stats for the year 2012. Kickstarter really ended the year with blast, with over 2,241,475 backers pledging a whopping amount of $319,786,629. “From groundbreaking projects to inspiring stories, 2012 was a year of many memorable moments on Kickstarter,” the company announced. “To celebrate the year that was, our team put together this look back at some of our favorite projects and moments. We hope you enjoy!” All told, a total number of 18,109 projects have been funded last year.
Breaking down the stats, it showed that backers were pledging $606.76 per minute. Kickstarter also revealed the stats of its categories. Music had the most funded projects and Art, Film, Music, Publishing, and Theater each had more than 1,000 funded projects. The company adds that Games had the most money pledged, at $83 million. When compared to its 2011 stats, the total backers for the year 2012 have grown to 134 percent, while the total amount pledged grew to 221 percent. “Thanks to everyone for making 2012 an unforgettable year. Here’s to an amazing 2013!” the company said.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10