It is now official. Microsoft has just acquired R2 Studios. It was just last week when we wrote to you about the rumor surrounding Microsoft’s acquisition of R2 Studios. Insider sources told the Wall Street Journal that Microsoft bought the home-entertainment technology startup to beef up its Xbox unit, but the report was never officially confirmed. Via press release, Microsoft also announced that it has appointed R2 Studios founder Blake Krikorian as the Corporate Vice President for the company’s Interactive Entertainment Business (IEB).
Krikorian is also the co-founder of Sling Media, the company who developed the popular TV streaming device, Slingbox. It will be interesting to see the fruits of the acquisition. “We are thrilled to have Blake join the Xbox team,” says Marc Whitten, Chief Product Officer of IEB. “He’s a proven innovator and well-respected leader in both the media and technology industries, having created simple, elegant products that have transformed the way people engage with and consume content. We look forward to his contribution to our team as Xbox continues to evolve and transform the games and entertainment landscape.”RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: Microsoft,
- Seen at: prnewswire