It looks like the proud owners of Ouya, the extremely successful Kickstarter-funded gaming console, will be able to browse the web through Mozilla’s Firefox browser. According to a certain Ed Krassenstein who happens to be an adminisrator at OUYAForum, an unofficial forum for Ouya users, he was able to confirm with a Mozilla developer that Firefox is being tested on the Ouya gaming console. Krassenstein went further and posted an image of the browser running on the console.
Krassenstein says that the image came from Mozilla developer Chris Lord who also tweeted about it earlier today. While this is interesting especially for Firefox lovers, Lord noted that it is “kind unusable at the moment.” Explaining the challenges of pushing Firefox on Ouya, Lord told Krassenstein that a lot of work has to be done in order for it to be usable. “Part of this work will be making sure that WebGL and Canvas support performs well on the device, and making sure that the relevant APIs (such as Gamepad API) are also supported,” Lord added.
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- North Korea May Launch A Cyber Attack Using Online Games
- YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20