NTT DoCoMo, one of the major carriers over in Japan, has just introduced their range of handsets that is set to color this spring, and the NEC Medias W N-05E is one of the more notable devices that would certainly be pleasing to the eye. This is not the first time that the NEC Medias W N-05E managed to garner the attention of the masses, as it appeared as a hollow mockup at Mobile World Congress in 2012. This NEC-manufactured smartphone will feature LTE connectivity, and boasts what could very well be a first in the industry – a pair of 4.3-inch LCD displays, but if you were hoping for Full HD displays, you would be disappointed as these carry resolutions of 540 x 960.
Underneath the hood, you will find a dual-core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB RAM, an 8-megapixel camera at the back, 16GB of internal memory which can be further augmented by a microSDHC slot. When open, the Medias W N-05E will dish out approximately 5.6” in diagonal screen real estate, and measure around 64mm wide when shut. You will be able to use each screen independently of each other, or opt to work them together if more space is required. No idea on pricing, or whether we will see this beast arrive in other markets or not.
Next Story: Audi Intelligent Swarm Tail Light Concept
- 2014-01-17 NTT DOCOMO Changes Stance On Tizen Hardware Availability
- 2014-01-10 iPhone Attributed To NTT DOCOMO's Growth In Subscribers
- 2013-12-24 NTT DoCoMo's Tizen Handset Goes Through The FCC
- 2013-11-14 NEC PaPeRo Petit Announced
- 2013-11-12 NEC Develops Cameraless Monitoring System
- 2013-10-02 NEC NeoFace Face Recognition Technology
- 2013-09-30 NEC Portable DNA Analyzer aims for 30 minute identification window
- 2013-08-01 NEC Quits Making Smartphones, Maintains Tablet Market
- 2011-12-02 NEC announced waterproof Medias PP N-01D Android smartphone
- 2010-04-26 Japanese Consortium Looking To New Mobile Platform For Symbian And Linux Smartphones